KCGD is a limited company based in Worcester, UK providing Garden Design services to private individuals and businesses in the Horticultural Professions. We provide our services both in person and online.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
KCGD collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Information about projects you wish to undertake about which you have provided information.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide KCGD with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our social media accounts, or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
KCGD may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Other businesses we work with, where you have agreed that your data may be shared with us for one of the purposes directly below.
How will we use your data?
KCGD collects your data so that we can:
- Deliver services to you and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like – as long as you have signed up for these emails.
KCGD will NOT share your data with any other companies apart from where you have given explicit permission for us to do so for a specific purpose. This will be for us to e.g. arrange landscapers or other companies to submit quotes and tenders and not for marketing purposes.
How do we store your data?
KCGD securely stores your data online on secure, cloud-based servers. Only authorised KCGD employees have access to this data.
KCGD will keep your personal data for 7 years, as this is the amount of time we could be held liable for problems or issues with the services we have provided. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by erasing it from the master spreadsheet. The exception to this is if you have re-commissioned KCGD for further work within that time.
KCGD would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop KCGD from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the KCGD Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click the unsubscribe button at the base of any of our marketing emails/newsletters.
What are your data protection rights?
KCGD would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request KCGD for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that KCGD correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request KCGD to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that KCGD erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that KCGD restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that KCGD transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – KCGD uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – KCGD uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. KCGD sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that KCGD has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.